Wednesday, July 16, 2014

garden flowers


We did a bunch of stuff around the house Tuesday morning (7/15) including picking flowers:




and finally headed out at 9 AM for errands (chiro, LOWE’s, Aldi’s and gas) and got home at 11 AM.  I spent several hours working on stuff for volunteers…and I just have a little crabbing to do….we run a lot of drives during the year, and at the beginning of the year we ask people to volunteer to be chair people of the drives.  Once everyone volunteers, we send out what everyone is doing.  Unfortunately it seems like many people don’t write it down…and then when I write to remind them, they accuse me of putting down their names without telling them!!!  Believe me…I don’t do that!  Anyway, it took 2 hours to draft 2 emails to make sure the remaining drives for the year are still covered, and to get volunteers if they are not.  By then it was 1 PM and Joanne picked me up for Stitch & Chat.  There was a woman there for the first time and we had a very enjoyable chat.  Her name is Lisa and she moved here (with her sister) from New Milford CT!!  She was doing counted cross stitch…and Mary Jo asked me just last night if I thought I would ever get back into it….I can hear that big sucking sound starting  J.  When I got home, I just wanted to sit and read my new book for a bit…so that’s what I did.  We took flowers, homemade chicken/barley soup, and freshly baked bread over to Anne & Bryce (our neighbors who are now both recovering from hip and knee surgery).  Michael and I had the leftover feta/pasta thing for dinner, then he picked up Larry and they were off to see DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES, while I stayed home and sewed and watched TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.