Tuesday, August 5, 2014


Michael left by 7 AM for golfing here at SCCL on Wednesday (7/30) and I hopped up to continue paperwork (ugh!) and to get his yoghurt (which was fermenting overnight in the crockpot) into little jars with fruit on the bottom and jam on the top.  Michael eventually came home with an excellent score of 82, but of course he wasn’t happy.  I swear, these guys could shoot 36 and they’d still be complaining it coulda been an 18!!  Anyway, I worked a bit on the long arm (have to get the 3rd set of dog beds off before the new machine comes) and buzzed up to the lake House with Jan (to straighten out a problem with the new school supplies drive).  I stopped over at Jean’s (newest fiber floozie retreat member) in the afternoon to drop off some thread I had picked up for her in Gastonia.  We ended up talking and talking.  Donna (Jean’s nearby neighbor) stopped over as well and I had a really enjoyable time visiting.  I packed in the evening and fell into bed exhausted.

 *********************************

I was up at 5:30 AM on Thursday (7/31) and on the road by 6 AM.  After a stop at 8:30 for breakfast at Bob Evans (yum!) I arrived at Ginny's at 10:30 AM.  Except for a break for lunch at a cupcake eatery (no....we were virtuous and only had sandwiches) and a stop at a local quilt store on the way home, we sat at the dining room table from 10:30 until 8 PM when Michael called!!!  Talking and talking and talking and talking!!!!  When the phone rang, I said ‘oh my….is it 8 PM already’, because I knew that’s when Michael would be calling!!!  Time just flew by.  I also spent a lot of time looking at Ginny's wonderful new quilting magazine, which I might have to have!  We watched a bit of TV then, before collapsing into bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.