Thursday, July 3, 2014


On Friday (6/27) Michael had an appointment with his ear place in Rock Hill, and Donna picked me up for our yearly mammogram appointment.  We had lunch at a Mexican restaurant afterwards (heaven!) and Michael and I both got home within minutes of each other around 2 PM.  I sewed on my tumbling blocks until 5, when we both got cleaned up and changed and picked up Candace and Ralph and headed into Charlotte.  The drive in was a nightmare….torrential rain for most of the way, and bumper to bumper traffic.  We finally made it to a new Asian restaurant…where of course, Ralph knew the owner (Ralph seems to know everyone!)  After dinner we headed over to Actor’s Theatre for the last play of the season…PASSING STRANGE.  We liked the play….but I thought 45 minutes could have easily been CUT from the running time, with no loss to the play.  It wasn’t over until 11 PM!!!  Luckily, there was no rain on the drive home and we arrived without incident before mid-night.
********************************************
Saturday morning (6/27) Michael left for golf and I had a totally lazy morning and early afternoon, just sitting in my chair and reading my book.  I finally roused myself a bit before Michael got home and got sandwich bread made, along with another pound cake.  Jan and I made a quick run to the grocery store (I brought her a warm piece of bread) and when I got home I put together a batch of yoghurt for Michael…to ferment overnight.  We had the rest of Jan’s wonderful casserole for dinner and watched TV and knit until bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.