Saturday, July 12, 2014

Connie, tumbling blocks, Cookie & Elsie, Jim & Ann Mary


Not surprisingly, after our late night Thursday, we got a VERY late start on Friday morning (7/11) J.  Paula came down to invite me to Cooking Fingers (the SCCL cooking club she is president of) as her guest.  My chiropractor and his nutritionist are giving a demo and she thought I would like to come….so I”ll be going there on Monday.  Michael left at 10:30 to accomplish a long list of errands, and I finally hit my studio to continue working on stuff.  Connie came by for a visit (and brought me tons of gorgeous tomatoes, several squash and a cucumber all from her garden…most of the veggies were used in our dinner):
 
and we talked and talked for over an hour before she had to leave for work and I got back to sewing again.  You’re going to be seeing pictures of tumbling blocks…FOREVER!!!!  It turns out that I will be making 4 different sizes for the next wall hanging….so they seem to NEVER be done J.  I sewed until 5 and finally finished the smallest size for the pink color:

I'm only making 1 of each color in the 4th size...for something very special,
you'll just have to wait until this wall hanging is done.  Figuring out the background
sizes on this is going to be a nightmare, but I like a challenge!
 
Normally when I am home alone….I allow Cookie to stay upstairs while I am downstairs….but if she ends up barking too often…and I can’t tell whether she’s barking at someone passing by…or someone at our door…I make her come downstairs with me…this is generally what happens then

waiting for dad....on the back of the sofa...she thinks she's a cat

At 5 PM I headed upstairs to start dinner.  I was going to make brownies for dessert…but a package of bananas came out of the freezer….so banana bread it was.  I made 2 large loaves....Ann Mary & Jim took home 1/2 a loaf...and I ran a large piece over to Anne & Bryce as well.  Jim and Ann Mary came for dinner and brought a salad. 

We had the feta/pasta thing for dinner again and they really liked it…even though I didn’t realize I hadn’t added the basil until we were cleaning everything up L.  We played cards for several hours after dinner…broke for banana bread, then just talked and talked for a bit before they left.  It was a very enjoyable evening!

1 comment:

  1. Love the new tumbling blocks ! Especially the hot pink.
    Cookie thinks she's a cat ! - Great caption. I LOL....

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.