Monday, July 14, 2014

new load on long arm


Michael left for golf Saturday morning (7/12) and I took a short bike ride before having breakfast.  Jan picked me up at 9 and we headed to the library to get a couple of books they had on hold for us.  By the time I got back home I was totally ready to head to the studio.  I had hoped to use the month of July to pull together any gifts I might be taking to retreat…and since I just finished up a set of tumbling blocks, it seemed a good time to set them aside and get started.  Now…when Paula stopped by Friday morning, she also invited me to go to Joann’s with her.  I had gotten such a late start that day, plus I really didn’t need anything and had a list of chores to get done…I said no.  Well, as soon as I figured out what I wanted to do for gifts…I started to make a Joann’s list  L.  I had some supplies, and worked on my stuff until Michael got home.  He and Phil had to reconfigure their holes for the red-white-blue tournament this coming Wednesday…and they actually did better…they scored a 77 this time.  We both got cleaned up and picked up Gale and Phil at 5 Pm and headed to Pineville for dinner at SKY ASIAN BISTRO.  We all enjoyed what we got, and G & P came in after dinner for a little drink and a lotta talk!  They left around 8:30 and Michael watched TV and I read my book until bedtime.

 **************************************

Michael and I took a bike ride on Sunday (7/13) then he took the dog for a walk and I picked up Jan and headed up to Joann’s.  I found everything I needed J and we were home by NOON.  Michael was watching the Scottish Open, and I headed to the studio to continue working.  I got to work a bit on my gifts…and I also got to load up some really large pieces of fabric (from Jan) onto the long arm (more dog beds while I practice with the computer portion of my machine.  When Michael ran errands the other day, he had the 150 page manual printed and bound at Office Depot). 
 
 
That took quite a bit of time as it is the widest thing I have ever loaded…. about 90 inches.  I need to go to LOWE’s and find a new extension cord so that I can stitch across the whole thing….that may be a project for Tuesday.  Anyway, it was back to working on my gifts…then dinner, then reading, then a little TV watching before bed.
 
By the way....Ginny tells me I need a name for my long arm...and I think she is right.....I'm taking suggestions....please put your 'clever hats' on and enter the contest to name it....I'll figure out some prize!

2 comments:

  1. Names for your long arm.... Long Lenny
    $uper $ewer
    Long John Holmes (aka) Johnny Wadd

    Love --Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she should be named Wilhelmina or Wilma. Perhaps a good southern name Suzy Q or Quilting Lizzie.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.