Saturday, July 19, 2014

BG & Cookie a trois


Friday morning was very exciting, but ultimately unfulfilling.  We had breakfast on the deck and again, the weather was lovely (in the high 60’s).  Around 10, BG and I hopped in the golf cart and started to leave for the library.  As we stopped to talk to Susan (across the street neighbor) I saw a UPS driver coming down the street and said ‘maybe that’s our new cord’….BG said ‘I thought they said FEDEX’….I said ‘they did…but…OMG!!!!!  HE’S STOPPING AT MY HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!’  I whip the golf cart around in a big U-turn and hop off and run up to the door of the truck, practically screaming ‘is it me??? is it me????’  The guy hands me a package…and I do a huge happy dance because it is our cables….I ask the UPS guy if I can hug him and he says YES!  After our hug, he told me I made his day.  So, BG and I sped off to the library, dropped Jan’s book off at her house (no visit, no one was home) and raced home to hook up the new stuff….HOW EXCITING!!!!  Here comes the unfulfilling news…and then worse news….the new parts don’t work.  We are on the phone with the guy for another hour…he takes control of the tablet and determines that now the error is in another part that he must send L L L….color us totally depressed.  Before I get off the phone…I ask Chris if we can drop back to using the machine manually (controlling it myself, as I have done with the previous dog beds and first, small quilt) and he says ‘no problem, it should be fine’.  We break for a snack and come downstairs and fire it up….here’s the worse news….the manual handles are not working any more  L L L L.  I remember wanting to throw my serger out the window when I first got it…and couldn’t get the tension right…this is much, MUCH worse.  BG helped me with Michael’s sweater in the afternoon…the sweater I made for Michael last Christmas is very heavy…and stretches a lot when he wears it.  I bought cotton (non-stretchy) yarn and she crocheted around the neck….with some company:

Bg makes a friend

must get closer.....

BG makes me feel warm and safe!



We had hot dogs for dinner and spent the evening on tumbling blocks, BG ironed my strata and I cut out triangles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.