Monday, July 21, 2014


When Saturday (7/19) dawned it was cool and rainy.  Michael still left to go golfing here at sCCL...and I guess it was good that he did, since he came home with a FABULOUS/SCORTCHING 79!!!  We got yet another UPS package for the long arm around 11 AM…and changing out the hardware they sent was much harder than what we did on Friday.  Saturday’s chores involved unpinning the quilt, undoing the belts holding the machine and completely removing the machine from the frame (and believe you me…that sucker is HEAVY!!!)  We put in an entire new circuit board, new display screen, and several new cables….hooking the machine back to the frame was no picnic either.  As you might expect…good news and bad news….front handles are back to working manually (although I went back to my original display screen, since the new touch display screen was acting wonky)….computer part seems to be working….but since we don’t know how to do anything, we were stopped there….rear handles…not working L.  The guy at the company told me he would be checking his emails every other hour on Saturday in case I had a problem….I don’t think that’s true since I sent a total of 5 emails (one each time we discovered a new problem) and never heard back L.  We were exhausted from all of this by dinnertime (which was around 7 PM) and went upstairs to eat and figure out what to do for the rest of the night.  Luckily, Jean was able to come and visit when we called...she will be coming to retreat in September..so she got a chance to meet BG and (as I suspected), she fit RIGHT in J.  I think she and BG got along like a house-a-fire and I am SURE we are going to have a fabulous time together.  The 3 of us sat at the kitchen and talked and talked for quite awhile, and by the time Jean left,  Bg just had time to pack and go to bed.

 ******************************

It was dark and rainy Sunday morning (7/20), but BG and I were on the road shortly after 6:30 AM.  I drove to Haw River, NC where we met Jennifer (BG's daughter) at her hotel.  We transferred a bunch of items between the 2 cars…then Bg and Jennifer went north…and I went south  L.  I can’t really be too sad….this visit was totally a BONUS…the only sad thing is that BG hoped we would be long arm-ing all weekend…as did I.  But without her, I definitely would not have been able to load all of the new hardware that was sent on Friday and Saturday.  I got home around 11:30 AM and was just exhausted (not a good night’s sleep on Saturday night either L), so I took a nap while Michael finished watching the end of the British Open.  It finished up just at 1:30PM and we took off for the movie theatre.  We had tickets to a show…Monty Python was performing in London, and they were live streaming to our local theatre.  Michael is/was a big fan….this was my first Monty Python experience, and most of it was pretty funny.  We were sitting beside a British gent and we struck up a conversation…he told us about the theatre in London where the performance was being held…and he told us that at the end, it would take people a minimum of 90 minutes to get to their cars!!!!  He said the theatre is MASSIVE, seating thousands….plus you can’t park anywhere near it…..I think I wouldn’t go!  Anyway, we were home by 6 and while Michael took the dog for a walk, I hit the computer for several hours of work…mostly for the volunteer club.  I finally got caught up on mostly everything….ate something as a snack for dinner (I have no idea what) and curled up on the couch with my honey to watch TV for the rest of the night (while also thinking about BG who probably didn’t get home until 10 PM….if then).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.