Tuesday, July 1, 2014

dahlias, blueberry pancakes, wedding flowers, warm Cookie


So, I have a question….what makes dahlias commit suicide???  I come out to the kitchen and a perfectly lovely blossom has hurled itself right off of the top of the stem…..certainly looks like a suicide to me! 
 
Anyway, I felt marginally better on Sunday morning (6/22) and put together blueberry pancakes
yes, these are the leftovers that Michael will eat later in the week!
 
while Michael was out walking the dog.  I spent 2 hours getting my first vacation blog post done (between fleshing out my notes and getting all of the pictures…it just took a long time!)  I spent a good part of the afternoon getting my long arm loaded for more dog beds and had a quick visit from Jan and Walt, who wanted to check out our watering system.  By late afternoon I was beat…Michael and I had leftover Chinese for dinner and did a fast grocery shopping trip after.  I had ZERO energy after that and just collapsed until bed.
*******************************************************
 
Michael was up at 6 AM on Monday (6/23) and left before 8 for golf at Springfield…..he was very happy to come home at 2 PM with 3 birdies and an 83.  I didn’t get up until 9…I really seemed to need that extra sleep.  I started on antibiotics late yesterday and they seem to really be making a difference…even though I was tired most of the day…no sore throat and no stuffiness (even though I still sound like it).  The 'mother of the bride' from the Saturday wedding brought over a GORGEOUS vase of the flowers from the wedding:
We played bocce at 7 (our last for the season) in 90 degree heat and I think everyone was glad to get back to their air conditioning.  We didn’t end the season in last place….but we were pretty darn close J.  We were both tired, so we just watched TV for an hour and I got to knit a bit before bed.
*************************************************
 
We were both up early on Tuesday (6/24) and Michael left before 8 AM to get about a bazillion errands done.  I was going to ride my bike to the library, but it started to rain just before 9, so that idea was shelved.   I had breakfast and read my book for a bit (still don’t have my normal level of energy back) and finally around 10:30 headed to the studio to work on more tumbling blocks.  My fabric came just after we got home from vacation, so now I can make more green and purple blocks  J.  Around 1 I got cleaned up and headed out to the library, and then on to a volunteer meeting.  We don’t have anyone experienced to run the drive in July….so I will be running it.  I got home after 3 and just had time to type up and send out minutes of the meeting when it was time to leave with Michael (who had been paying bills/watching golf/ and apparently keeping Cookie warm):




 We met with someone from the computer club who helped us to get our new tablet up and running a bit more than we have been able to do ourselves.  We got home after 5, and even though originally Michael had planned to go out to the movies….we were both feeling REALLY beat…so he made tortellini’s and sauce for dinner and then eventually popcorn to eat while we binge watched MURDER IN THE FIRST. 

1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.