Friday, April 12, 2013

sugar cookies, gluten free peanut butter, xmas table runner


Thursday morning (4/11) Michael left for golfing (coming home in the afternoon with a scorching 78!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and I left for quilting at 9:15.  I got sugar cookie dough made, shaped and into the freezer before I left:
ready to be popped in the freezer, to be baked whenever the oven is on
I’ve been craving sugar cookies for awhile….I LOVE the soft, bend-y kind, and I had hoped to bake some and take to retreat….but I ran out of time.  I actually bought a box at the Fiber Floozie retreat….but I think my recipe is better so I’m glad I finally got some dough made  J. 

I spent the whole time at quilting meeting with the other SHQ retreat coordinators, and I think we got everything ready for our one day retreat next week.  I know most people don’t really know all of the work that goes into pulling something like this together…I hope they all have a good time.  I got home from quilting around 12:30 and got out the 2 emails about food and such for the retreat, and then relaxed with lunch and a new book from the library.  I tried (unsuccessfully) to take a nap in the afternoon (staying up until 11 or 12 due to rehearsals really makes you very tired the next day  J) and gave up and spent more time on the internet.  I was just browsing some of my regular websites, and saw 2 recipes for gluten free cookies.  Since we have some gluten free cast members, and since the oven was going to be on for dinner (chicken roll-ups again  J), I decided to make the peanut butter ones:

 
They were a big hit and were all gone by the time we left rehearsal for home.

In the minutes while dinner was baking, and after we got home from rehearsal, Michael stayed up to watch The Masters, while I stayed up to finish the binding on my ‘flip & sew’ table runner, made at retreat:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.