Sunday, April 21, 2013


Although it was wonderful having a day off on Friday, and I thought I was recovered, apparently I was mistaken because I continued to move in slow motion through Saturday (4/20)!  I made a quick trip to the grocery store early in the morning, and by the time I got home, Michael had left for golf (don’t ask me how he not only got through 18 holes, but with a score of 88…he was DRAGGING when he got home).  I had a wonderful long talk with Janice in the morning, and got bread dough made before heading to the studio to try to be productive.  I got 2-1/2 more embroideries done, but that was about it.  I took a loo-o-o-ong nap and got a teeny tiny bit of cleaning done in the afternoon.  I got the 2 loaves of bread baked just before we left and as usual I made one big loaf and 2 mini-loaves.  The 2 mini-loaves went to Jan’s house, and our neighbor’s house as a small thank you for watching Cookie.  I also got waffle batter made (Michael’s favorite waffles are a Belgium waffle recipe made with yeast, that needs an overnight rise in the fridge). Then it was another quick dinner (thank goodness Nancy made a special batch of sloppy joes just for us because that is what we’ve been living on for the past 2 days) before it was time (once again) to get cleaned up and head off to the play.  The audience was incredible on Saturday night…they laughed at EVERYTHING!!!  Even the things that we thought were emotional or sad…they laughed….oh well…they gave us tremendous applause and totally enjoyed the play, so that’s what counts.  Elyse (the lead) invited everyone over after the play and we had a great time eating spaghetti and talking over ‘war stories’ of when plays go bad….people forgetting their lines, the props not working, etc.  I loved hearing all of them.  We were finally home and in bed at 1 AM…I told Michael ‘I’m getting WAY too old for this’!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.