Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Fiber Floozie Retreat 2013


What can I say?  I got home from retreat around 6:30 on Monday (4/8) evening feeling exhausted, but like I had a wonderful time!  It wasn’t perfect (since BG wasn’t able to attend, but the good news is that she is cautiously optimistic about her step dad’s recovery), but it was pretty darn good!  The drive up and back FLEW by as Becky and talked the whole way up and back.  Who knew we could have so much to talk about  J.  I made some progress on several things…I finished a new charity hat and had a new model:
 
I finally got a table runner pieced from a pattern I think I’ve had for 2 years:

 Did everything but the final side of the binding (no good stitch on my portable machine…will do on my home machine) on another table runner to use up the fabric:
 

 And got a good start on a new pattern for a charity quilt. 

Becky mastered tatting!!!!  Now all she needs is a bit of practice to get her tension absolutely perfect.  She never gave up on it, no matter how frustrated she got and it finally paid off.  For her sewing, she worked most of the time on a log cabin wall hanging:
 


 Here we are (except for Mary Jo, the picture taker) toasting to BG with some KINKY liqueur, described as “a naughty fusion of super premium vodkay with succulent mango, blood orange liqueur and passion fruit’….this was our ‘fun’ drink for retreat:
Luckily on Sunday night Nancy (the caretaker) came for a visit and we managed to get a group shot:
 
I think we all had a great time and are already looking forward to RETREAT 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.