Sunday, April 28, 2013

food for cast party!


We hopped up Saturday morning (4/27) trying to fit in everything we had to get done.  After a quick breakfast, Michael left for the driving range, to try to get in some practice before it started raining.  I got 2 loads of laundry going and started making food.  I made a pan of lasagna:

 
a small macaroni, cheese and sauce casserole for our neighbors (who have received some not-so-good health news).  It doesn’t look like much, but will taste terrific once it’s baked:


and a dozen chicken enchiladas:


I had sauce/wrappers/filling left over, so I decided to make 2 enchilada lasagna-type casseroles.  I started by greasing 2 pans and pressing in softened wraps to cover the bottom and up the sides, then spread one layer of filling:
 
 
I covered that with enchilada sauce, then put down another layer of wrappings and another layer of filling.  Then I topped it all with the remaining wrappers and poured enchilada sacue over the whole thing.


 
I used up every bit of the leftovers and then popped these into our neighbor's freezer for the future when I don't feel like cooking...or need a meal for a friend/neighbor.  Michael came home from the driving range and since neither of us had had any lunch, he made us mac & cheese around 3 PM for our dinner.  We gathered all of our supplies after that, and headed off to the theatre.
It was another fun show, although the rain made it somewhat difficult.  When it rains, it sounds really loud in the theatre, and you have to really amp up your volume to be heard...that was hard on all of us.  We were home at 10:30 for a little TV and then bed....only one more show and I think both of us will be glad when it is over and we can get back to our regularly scheduled life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.