Wednesday, April 17, 2013

new hat, play characters, first cast gift done

I neglected to mention that over the course of the marathon rehearsal on Sunday, I did finish another charity hat and had a new model (the husband in the play):
 
Here’s the ingĂ©nue backstage:
 
 
And another couple (although not a ‘couple’ in the play) that you might recognize:
 
Anyway, Tuesday (4/16) I was running from start to finish.  I got a bit of paperwork done in the morning while Michael was at the chiro, before picking up Nancy H around 9:30 to head off to the Viking store.  I got 30 bobbins wound so quickly that we had extra time and Nancy said ‘let’s get a demo on this new machine’.  (Later, when I came home, I said to Michael ‘I want points’….he said ‘what for’….I said ‘for not coming home with a $6500 new machine’!!)  After that Nancy and I hit the nearby Mexican restaurant and it was terrific.  Nancy (who apparently can remember everything, unlike me who doesn’t remember yesterday) said it was only the third time we have been out to eat together in all the time we have known each other!  I dropped Nancy off and hustled on home.  I looked at the clock and thought ‘ok…I have 12 minutes to pee and maybe comb my hair’ before Joanne picked me up for knitting.  We sat and knit (or rather Joanne knit, I mostly visited and talked) and when I got home at 3:30, I did a couple of final things for the retreat, before going back to working on the play bags.  I got the first one finished:

 


 
before belting down some pizza and racing off to rehearsal.  Home at 10:30, a little TV, then off to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.