Saturday, April 27, 2013

Cookie, triple chip bar cookies

Generally when I get up in the morning, the first thing I do is head to the kitchen and put on water for my big cup of tea.  When Michael gets up, he goes through his stretch routine (to keep his back loose).  Eventually one of us is ready to get dressed, and we make the bed then.  When I headed back to the bedroom on Friday morning (4/26) it was obvious that someone didn’t want to get out of bed:

Do you have to make the bed now?  I just got here!

Once we’re up, Cookie jumps up on the bed and snuggles in the covers until we make her move.  She just loves rolling around in the sheets.

We headed out to IHOP and had a lovely, leisurely breakfast before heading on to other errands.  I dropped off 2 machines to be serviced (my embroidery machine and my serger), then we hit the liquor store, a grocery store and after a stop at the chiropractor’s, we headed on home.  I got my hair set for the evening’s performance, then made a new bar cookie recipe to take to share (triple chip cookies - easy and excellent!):

 
They were a big hit.  Since the oven was one I also made a new peanut cookie (Not peanut butter, just peanut cookie) from the King Arthur Flour Baking Sheet. We had leftovers for dinner and left to go to the theatre at 5:30.  It was another good performance, with lots of friends in the audience.  We came home, watched a bit of TV and headed to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.