Monday, November 7, 2016

Fiber Floozie Retreat - 2016

What can I say about retreat week?  If you haven’t attended, it is hard to understand what happens there….LOTS of laughing…..LOTS of  sewing/quilting….LOTS of bonding…LOTS of understanding…. chances to share and care for one another.  There were ripping fairies and food fairies, but unfortunately for BG....no strata fairies  :~).   We condensed our methods of working to our new acronyms of DAM and BIG....I'm certain I'll use them both and think of you all when I do in the future  :~).  From our very first moment backing out of the driveway (when June saved my butt by saying “hey, did you ever really pack your CPAP”…as you might guess, the answer was NO!!):  

















to the rose my honey hid in my purse: 

which looked beautiful on the kitchen island all week!

to the stops along the way: 
















to the tons of projects completed (no, I certainly didn't get pictures of all of them): 

















to all of the hidden wells, each one so different than the last:







to gifts and gifts and more gifts galore: 

secret project revealed...yes, I did 6 sets of these towels


















to our last breakfast using up many of our leftovers: 




it was….as always….a magical, wonderful time, and I am grateful beyond measure that I have good friends willing to make the long drive and to pitch in to make it all happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.