Thursday, November 24, 2016

Thanksgiving

HAPPY THANKGIVING!!!  I’m not going to tell you about my life yesterday…instead I am going to tell you about things that I think about a LOT!  Things that I am thankful for each and every day. 

I am thankful that God led me to Michael…and Michael to me.  It had to be God because there is NO OTHER EXPLANATION for how the 2 of us got together.  I feel like we have been together forever and that there is nothing I can’t share with him.  Although he often thinks that I do the craziest things (think the recent 9 turkey carcasses story), he is always right there beside me, helping me to accomplish whatever crazy thing I want to do.  I am so blessed, and often wonder what I did to deserve the life I am living now….God’s Grace is the only answer. 

I am thankful to be retired and I am very thankful for good friends who didn’t abandon me when I moved 800 miles away from them.  We all know it is much easier to be friends when it is geographically convenient, but my close friends have definitely made the effort to be there for me.  I am also very thankful for good friends that I have made since moving here to South Carolina.  They have given me so much more than I could have imagined…and they make my life here a wonderful thing, each and every day.

I am thankful that I have the desire and ability to give to others every day.  I KNOW that this is where a lot of the joy in my life comes from.


There are hundreds of other things both large and small that I am thankful for…but the most important things are not THINGS at all…they are the intangibles that make life worth living.  They are the people I care about, and who care about me in return.  

In my experience, if we focus on physical objects and how to obtain them, even though we are SURE that the next new thing will make us happy….somehow that doesn’t happen.  I believe that if you focus on being grateful for what you already have, and what you can give to others (mostly your time and your love) you will be much happier in the end. 

1 comment:

  1. You are beautiful - inside and out -- I love you -- and am thankful for YOU --- and Cookie and Elsie!

    Love me

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.