Saturday, November 12, 2016

table runner continues, Elsie

I had a little time to sew Friday morning (11/11) and worked on my table runner from class at Scrap Happy before leaving for an eye doctor appointment for Michael.  After that we made stops at Home Depot, Joann’s, Chic-fil-a, CVS and Comporium (our internet/phone/TV provider) and FINALLY got home after 2 PM.  Michael and Cookie went for a walk while I spent an hour on the phone with health care stuff.  Last time I went to the doctor, I asked for a shingle shot.  He said I should check with my insurance…it might be cheaper to get it at CVS.  I finally called to check (I have blood work follow-up at the end of November) and they said it should be 100% covered if done at the doctor’s…so I called to order it.  We’ll see if it is really covered (if not it is 400 BUCKS!!!), but I don’t think I care….I’ve heard of so much shingles going around that I just want to be somewhat protected against having it flare up.  I also had to talk to my health care spending account to find out how much could be put in this year and how much I have already used.  Anyway, after that I finally got to a bit of fun and retired to the studio to continue sewing.  I finished piecing the top to the table runner: 


with my faithful companion sleeping by my side:  





I also worked on the Diamond Dash...I hope to have it all sewn together by the end of the day Saturday.  Michael and I never wanted dinner (still too full from lunch), so he made popcorn and we settled in to watch "UP"….I LOVE that movie, although it’s hard to watch it with Cookie getting agitated about all of the dogs…and she’s not so crazy about Ed Asner either  :~).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.