Monday, November 14, 2016

binding, Cookie & Elsie, cookies, cupcakes, labels

My honey had oatmeal for breakfast on Sunday (11/13), then he made me an egg/cheese/toast….it was a cold and rainy day….but I’m not complaining about the rain…we really NEED it!  So…..even though I didn’t want to do it (because it’s BORING!!!!!), in keeping with my newest goal….when I got to my studio I made binding to go with the Diamond Dash quilt:  



This is going to be a Sterling School quilt...so I also want to make a pillow case (or 2) to go with this quilt.  After that I dropped back to the table runner and got the backing and batting cut.  Michael came down to work on his computer, and we had company:  

first they're just close together



then Cookie tries to ignore Elsie


then Elsie starts "making bread" on Cookie

it's so amazing to watch...wish you could see it

she finally settles in



I wanted to spray baste my table runner, but I only do that outside, so I set it aside for when the rain stops and worked on my 2 baby quilts. I tried to make labels for my latest quilts, but I found this:  

spools for embroidery bobbin thread

And an hour later I finally had this, and started my labels stitching out:


I got both quilts off the frame, wove in all of the ends and got them trimmed before Michael wandered downstairs again.  He asked if I was hiding any cookies or anything because he needed something to go with his coffee….I didn’t have anything, but when you live with me, you’re always only 20 – 25 minutes away from a fresh, warm cookie:  

frozen triple chocolate mocha cookie dough

quickly baked....

voila!

As long as the oven was on, I also made some cupcakes:  


When I made cupcakes for the Cooking Fingers fund raiser awhile ago, I ended up with WAY too much frosting….so I’ve been meaning to make another run of cupcakes again.  I think our mid-night bedtime caught up with me after that, so I took a nap, then packed up some cupcakes and headed over to Pat’s.  


She had made a run to the store and bought me some dish detergent, so I visited with her (and Joyce who was there visiting) for a bit before heading for home.  Michael heated up Italian Wedding Soup for dinner while I finished the 2 labels for the baby quilts:  


The soup was wonderful (frozen from retreat as this was the dinner I made) and we vegged on the couch watching TV for the rest of the night.

1 comment:

  1. That was one productive day !!!! Great job. You're like my Mom - (since the oven was on....I made MORE stuff)!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.