Thursday, November 10, 2016

potholder tops, Cookie & Elsie

Michael took off for a walk with Cookie on Wednesday morning (11/9) while Paula and I headed out for a 2 hour breakfast…..it was WONDERFUL!!!!  We never stopped talking….she was so smart…she brought a list of things she wanted to talk about  :~).  All too often we’re saying “now what was it I wanted to tell you”????  Not today!  When I got home I spent a lot of the day in my studio.  

When we go on retreat, we live and sew in a building called GRADY HOUSE.  One of the things on my list for this year (which I didn’t get to) was making new pot holders for Grady House.  Last year they were quite old and ratty!  Well, this year they were even worse.  Leila gave me a lot of her scraps at retreat, and I had a few of my own, so I made tops for 10 potholders:  







Hopefully I’ll get them put together to take along to next year’s retreat.  Michael and I were both in the studio at the same time for a bit, so we had company:  




It was totally unusual to have Cookie there all by herself on the bed….but all too soon there was an interloper:  





Finally Michael and Cookie headed upstairs and Elsie moved in for good:  



Michael left at 5:30 for his rehearsal and I got to talk for a long time with Janice in the evening (just over the phone as SKYPE once again didn’t work :~(.

2 comments:

  1. Great idea for the potholders !!! I'll help you work on them if you bring them to retreat or whenever I see you next... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halloween potholders..welcome to the dark side (bwa ha ha) -- nice to see scraps turn into something useful!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.