Sunday, November 20, 2016

patiently waiting, Amelie's!!

I ran to Harris Teeter first thing Saturday morning (11/19) for just a few items.  By the time I got home, my honey had already made his omelet and was enjoying it at the breakfast table…his faithful companion at his side:  


(This is ALWAYS where Cookie sits while waiting for Michael to finish his eggs…she always gets to lick the plate!)  I headed to my studio to get busy…I got my first bag loaded up to stitch out and also worked for a bit on straightening up my studio.  Michael left at 9 AM for rehearsal, and I spent a lot of time talking on the phone to various friends while he was gone.  We were having people over for dessert in the evening, and I was supposed to make lemon bars, but Michael called me at the end of rehearsal and said he was right across the street from Amelie’s…



did I want him to bring home some goodies instead?  Amelie’s…..YUM!!!  A fabulous French bakery, so of course I said yes!!  I managed to get 4 bags embroidered:




















before Candyce & Ralph came over for dessert:  

cream puff dipped in chocolate & a chocolate Frangipane raspberry tart

apple/caramel gateau & a chocolate gateau

a Napoleon....tasted yummy but very hard to cut neatly!

and 4 tiny chocolate cups filled with different fillings

and champagne.  We eat had a portion of several treats while we talked for a long while in the kitchen, but finally moved to the media room for our presentation.  Michael had finished the video of our joint trip to Iceland, so we all watched that.  C&R really enjoyed it and I think they were very grateful for the copy Michael gave them.  After that Candyce felt like she might be coming down with a cold, so they said good-night and we snuggled in to watch a bit of TV.

1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.