Sunday, November 13, 2016

Elsie, quilting feathers, Diamond Dash top done

Michael was up at 7 AM for golfing here at SCCL on Saturday (11/12) and I headed to my studio to continue working, with my favorite furry companion who stayed with me all day:  




First up was getting the quilting going on the second baby quilt.  I don’t need another baby quilt until next year, but the first baby quilt on the backing is going to my dentist…and his baby is due THIS MONTH!!!  I need to get that one off the frame and labeled and bound.  I bought a new quilting pattern of feathers and I was dying to try it out….I LOVE it:  
















Although it takes forever to stitch out (lots of back stitching) I love the flow of the feathers.  While that was stitching out, I continued to work on the Diamond Dash, and got it all put together with the borders on by dinnertime:   



My friend Judy dropped by during the afternoon to drop off some fabric.  Janice made a quilt top at retreat out of striped fabric and it was FABULOUS!!!  I am hot to try it…and Judy had some striped fabric to offer to me….so stay tuned :~).  As I mentioned, by dinnertime the Diamond Dash top was done (I do love it with the sashing of black, but I still want to do one with NO sashing...just the black diamonds showing up here and there): 



and the quilting on the second baby quilt was done as well:  



Michael and I had a quick dinner of leftovers, then left to pick up Jan and Jim and to meet up with 20 other friends & neighbors at Fort Mill Community Theatre to see TOKENS OF AFFECTION.  This play was REALLY funny and everyone liked it quite a lot.  We were home by 10…for some reason we both read until mid-night, then headed to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.