Tuesday, November 8, 2016

undersea panel top finished, diamond dash laid out

On Sunday while we were coming home from retreat, Michael filled the house with our roses and hydrangeas that are still surviving the very cold temperatures at night:




Michael left for golf around 9 AM on Monday (11/7) while I spent several hours going through 189 emails  :~(.  I did make a deal with myself when I sat down to only touch each email ONCE….and even though it was hard at times….I DID it  :~).  Now I just have to be that disciplined every day when I read them.  I finally headed upstairs to make tea and a VERY late breakfast (I was STAVING!) and to look at all of my full IKEA bags (from retreat) and heave a big ~sigh~.  I decided I’d better work on my blog entry…and that took another hour…but finally I was ready to settle in to doing something fun :~).  I had the panel still on my design wall from before I left and I got my 4 corners done and finally got the whole thing sewn together (this will be an EXTRA big Clinton quilt):  


My honey got home just after 3:30, indicating that he didn’t want any dinner as they had stopped for a very late lunch.  He rested for 1/2 an hour before taking a shower and heading out to rehearsal for Scrooge.  While he was gone I finally started to unpack one of my bags:  



I got my project bag all unpacked and got my diamond dash rows laid out on the design wall:  



I have to finish sewing together several of the rows, then put the sashing between the rows before I can begin to sew it all together.  I've decided that I really like how it looks without the sashing, so want to make one more quilt in this design with an extra row of colors and eliminate the sashing....I"ll put that on the list for NEXT year  :~).  Michael was home from rehearsal by 10 and we talked for a bit before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.