Wednesday, November 23, 2016

lunch at Greenway Restaurant

I was up and out of the house before 8 AM on Tuesday (11/22) to get to TARGET shortly after they opened.  I saw several things in their ad that I use for my Christmas goodie bags and wanted to start my shopping.  I hope to start making my Christmas candy the day after Thanksgiving, but I hadn’t started shopping for stuff yet (other than already getting my 12 pounds of chocolate from Rhode Island).  I got everything I wanted from that store:   



and got it all put away before leaving to pick up Gale & Linda & Paula 


to head into CPCC for lunch.  We had a wonderful time and a great lunch:



from the bread basket: 





through the soup: 



through the main course (our table split evenly between shrimp & grits:



and pork osso bucco:  



We were all VERY full at that point, but it didn’t stop us from eating the cheese cake dessert:  

look at that presentation!  It is always lovely

We all “complained” about being full all the way home….and there was a LOT of yawning going on in the car.  I really should have been more productive when I got home…but I didn’t do a THING the rest of the day!  I had picked up a lot of library books on Monday, and I sat in the living room, in front of the fire and read and read and read.  Michael came home from golf saying that Ballentyne CC was a really tough course.  He relaxed for a bit, took a shower, had leftover soup (I never ended up eating dinner…still too full from lunch)and left for rehearsal.  I spent a bit of time on the phone, talking to friends, then went back to reading until he got home at 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.