Monday, November 21, 2016

buckwheat pancakes, rose, new customer quilt

We got a very late start Sunday morning (11/20) but soon Michael was cooking bacon and I was making buckwheat pancakes:  


I forgot to check the temperature until 9 AM, but there was definitely frost when we got up, and all of our hydrangea buds were brown  :~(.  Guess they are totally done for this year….but our roses keep hanging on…at least a little while longer:  




After breakfast I chopped and sautéed a bunch of veggies and got turkey/barley soup in the crockpot before finally heading to my studio around 1 PM.  Michael went through his lines, then took off for a walk with Cookie.  I got a customer quilt loaded up and started quilting…



I think the variegated thread is really making this quilt…
















I had to dip into my personal stash of thread for it, but it certainly looks worth it.  I love the design...of course rainbow colors on a black background is right up my alley  :~).  I really can’t do anything else while this quilt is stitching out….the customer has an inner border that is a flange and I need to hold it down with my fingers as the quilting goes over it to make sure it doesn’t get flipped back and stitched the other way….so I really have to keep a close eye on it.  At 6 PM I headed upstairs to have dinner with my honey…the soup was WONDERFUL!  Usually I find these soups too bland for my taste, but Michael also commented on how good it was ( I added lots of thyme and rosemary to the broth) and we both had second helpings.  I spent about an hour downstairs after dinner…working on my sewing closet, and after that we both watched TV and I continued to rip stitches out of material/batting left from quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.