Monday, November 28, 2016

a billion pics of Cookie & Elsie :-)

Sunday (11/27) was definitely a colder day than Saturday….I could tell because the snuggling in the sun was MUCH closer:  



Michael left before 9:30 for golf, and I decided to stay in the kitchen for a bit.  Sometimes in the morning I figure out what I want to make for dinner….but at 3:30 or 4 PM, when I go upstairs to get started….I’m too tired and decide on something quicker and easier.  Sometimes (not often enough though) I manage to talk myself into doing dinner prep work in the morning when I’m fresh, and this was one of those days.  I got my celery, onions and carrots all chopped (and it was certainly fun after watching all of the chopping/cooking in JULIE & JULIA), and I covered them all with my shower caps and put them in the fridge: 



before heading to my studio.  First up, I fired up Miss Scarlett to continue to quilt, then got my first towel set up and started to stitch it out.  As I suspected, the towel took over 2 hours to stitch out…and the stitching was way too dense on the towel...although it looks pretty nice:   



This lead me back to the internet to search for another design.  I found something with less stitches and I bought it, but I waited until Michael came home to approve my choice!  In the meantime I continued to quilt on the Rainbow/black and I made binding for it: 




















 When I went upstairs to meet my quilting client, there was MORE snuggling going on:  


















When they are like this…I just want to take a thousand pictures because they are SO CUTE!!!  


















Cheryle came by to pick up her quilt, and she seemed very pleased with the quilting: 


Around 4 PM I headed upstairs to put together my newest recipe….Creamy Turkey & Wild Rice Soup.  Cooking it took a bit longer than expected….so we didn’t sit down to eat until 6:30…but Michael said the soup was delicious….SCORE!  


I knit for the rest of the evening while we watched TV.  The Thanksgiving loo_o_o_ong weekend is over…~sigh~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.