Friday, November 25, 2016

goodie supplies, Cookie & Elsie, Thankgiving!

I headed out before 8 AM on Wednesday (11/23) to hit WALMART for gift towels (of COURSE they don’t carry what I want anymore  :~(, and to BJ’s to get the rest of the goodie bag supplies:  


I was home by 11 AM and about 150 bucks poorer, but I think I now have everything I need.  I changed clothes and headed downstairs, determined to make a big dent in the quilting on the newest customer quilt.  I got most of it complete by dinnertime, when I ran out to get Chinese for us for dinner.  After that we just snuggled on the couch and watched TV while I knit on a scarf for the rest of the evening. 

*************


Thanksgiving Thursday (11/24) was a fabulous day!  Although many years we have lots of people over, this year we decided it was just going to be us…that made it a VERY relaxing day.  Michael headed out to the golf course for a shotgun start at 10 AM and I finished up the quilt (although I still have to weave in a bunch of bobbin ends):




I worked a bit more on more cleaning in my studio: 

look at all of this cool stuff mom put out just for us to lie on  :-)




and got 2 more bags embroidered for Pat:  



In the afternoon I put together green bean casserole, stuffing, gravy and got our turkey breast in the oven, while Michael baked up potatoes and got out cranberry sauce.  We had a fabulous THANKSGIVING dinner (note the lack of rolls…since it was just the 2 of us and our plates were already full of starch…I decided to forgo for this year):  



After that we lay in our tryptophan stupor for the rest of the evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.