Sunday, November 9, 2014

Prayers & Squares quilts a duex


We had a leisurely breakfast on Friday (11/7), then Michael headed out to get in some extra rehearsal time with the other ‘bad guy’ who really seems to be struggling with his lines, and I headed to the studio to quilt the second of our Prayers & Squares quilts. 

 

Two people have already volunteered to bind both of these quilts, so it will be good to have them totally done and ready to be given out as needed.  Once the quilting was done, it was back to getting my stash under control….hah!  Michael had a heart doctor appointment in the afternoon, to make sure the incision from his implant was healing well….so far everything looks good, but the doctor wants to see him in another month to make sure things are working properly.  We made a quick stop at the library on the way home, and then settled in with champagne and puffy things and popcorn to watch CALIFORNIA SUITE and THE BIG CHILL.  As we went to bed, Michael said I had picked 2 excellent movies (I can't believe he's never seen either one) and I also picked the right order to watch them in...so that the fabulous songs from THE BIG CHILL swirled in our heads while we slept :~).


****************************

Jan and I were out very early on Saturday (11/8) to hit a special charity sale at a local department store, while Michael went golfing here at SCCL.  I’m sure they had a frost delay, as it was in the 30’s when we got up.  I had a lovely chat with Ginny in the late morning and we finished up just as Beth arrived for a bit of help with her afghan.  We got all of the ends sewn in and I finally hit the studio around 1:30.  I got thread ends woven in on the 2 quilts (where the bobbin had run out when it was quilting) and then turned back to my stash organization.  Michael came home with an 88 and managed to get in a really short 10 minute nap before it was time to get cleaned up to head into Charlotte for a John Denver Tribute by the Charlotte Symphony Orchestra.  It was a wonderful concert, but we were glad to crawl into bed at mid-night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.