Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Janice near a great Irish town....


Nancy H wasn’t feeling 100% Tuesday morning (Veteran’s Day) so instead of getting together, I left early to run a ton of errands.  I hit the Senior Center to drop off checks and unsold tickets for a fund raiser for MEALS ON WHEELS, then hit WALMART for 2 plastic storage bins and some eraser tips, Michael’s for some sprong-y things  (picture tomorrow), then BB&B for a 1/4 cup scoop, Joann’s for tear away stabilizer, the dollar store for one ingredient for my hand cream and finally PUBLIX for a few groceries.  I stopped at Jan’s on the way home to drop off stuffed clams I bought for her and was home by 12:30.  Jan gave me 2 frozen chicken carcasses, so I threw those into a crockpot on the porch and put the rest of the stuff I bought away :~).  Around 1:30 I started fiddling with the blocks on the design wall (I found a bunch of blocks while cleaning out the sewing closet) and by 2:30 PM was ready to start sewing them together, but I had something else to do first.  I’ve been talking to Michael about cast gifts, but he hasn’t been able to come up with anything related to the show.  I told him that I could do pot holders with WAIT UNTIL DARK on them, and he liked the idea…so I spent a bit of time on the computer coming up with a design.  By then it was time to leave and get my hair done.  We had dinner when I got home and Michael left at 6 PM for rehearsal.  I spent the evening stitching out the tops of 1/2 of the pot holders, while also sewing together blocks.  I am almost 1/2 way done with sewing the blocks into rows.  Michael got home at 10 and we watched TV for an hour before bed.
By the way.....I know I told you my friend Jan (along with her hubby Dennis) recently visited their youngest daughter who is studying in Ireland for a semester.  On one of their forays into the countryside, Janice saw a sign she just HAD to stop for and get a picture of.  Apparently it was quite a feat since in Ireland, you drive on the other side of the road, with the steering wheel on the right side of the car...and Dennis was also driving a stick shift!!!  But he is such a good doobie that he got her where she wanted to go so that the Fiber Floozies could enjoy the sign
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.