Wednesday, November 19, 2014


I was up early on Tuesday (11/18) to get my batting cut and my top ironed and layered on Miss Scarlet.  One thing I’ve decided is that I need some kind of new ironing board.  I have (and love) my grandmother’s rickety old ironing board, but it is very small.  I’m starting to do bigger quilts and I can’t iron them or the backing properly on it.  PLUS, I really would like to have a rectangular ironing board, because I’m always doing fabric on it…not shirts or clothes…haven’t decided exactly what to do yet.  Anyway, Nancy H came by for the morning and we had a lovely visit while she knit and I got all of my bobbins wound and continued to adjust my quilt top so that it was centered and ‘square’ on the machine.  Nancy left around lunchtime, and I had a piece of toast with peanut butter before Joanne picked me up for Stitch & Chat.  I worked a bit on a new ascot (that I am making for my across the street neighbor) and also helped a few people with their projects before Joanne and I hit Wendy’s for junior frostys before heading home.  I was really nervous about quilting on the new quilt because it is full of stretchy doe suede, but just told myself I needed to just suck it up and start to see how bad it would be.  I put in new needle and started off with my new variegated thread…and not a bit of a problem…WHOO HOO!!  I got 8 out of 10 rows finished before Barb showed up to knit.  Michael went to the movies to see INTERSTELLAR with Larry (they both complained about the same thing…just like TV…too much background music to hear the dialogue!!!)  Barb and I had a nice time sitting in front of the fire, knitting and talking.  Michael was home after 10 and I was exhausted so I hopped into bed while he sat up and read for just a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.