Saturday, November 15, 2014

assembly line potholders, last rose, pot luck dinner


I was up early Friday morning (11/14) with lots to do…and a secondary motive of keeping Cookie busy so that Michael might get to sleep in a little!  Today is all about potholders.  I got all of the stitches trimmed last night, so first thing this morning I ripped off the stabilizer and started cutting and ironing for the backs and pockets.  Once everything was cut into 8 inch squares, I placed everything in an assembly line and started stitching. 
from the top left I have batting, insulbrite (I found that one layer of
insulbrite is not enough to stop the heat from being transmitted),
embroidered top of pot holders, bottom row is side pockets,
backing and then on stacked and pinned...all ready to go
 
I stitched for quite a while (stopping for a really short visit from Paula who returned my soup/bread dishes, but of course they were all full of bean soup, corn muffins and cookies…that woman is amazing!) and managed to get quite a bit done by 3:30 when I headed upstairs to get cleaned up and set up the house with Michael.  He had cut what is probably our last rose of the season, and it is a beauty! 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We had 33 people for a pot luck dinner
although not everyone was invited....








 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
before leaving to see Michael in WAIT UNTIL DARK….and he was FABULOUS!  Although I don’t really like it when he plays a ‘bad guy’, he was kind of the nicest of the 3 evil guys.  The woman playing the blind wife was tremendous, although she must go home every night with bruises everywhere.  Michael and I got home around 10:30 and finished cleaning up from the party and relaxed and read a bit before heading for bed.

 

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous rose in one of my fav colors ! Looks like a nice party. No food on the plates - so it must have been Yummy ! (MJ in ct)

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.