Saturday, November 1, 2014

Baklava Cups, garden flowers a trois


I made another mistake on my blue/green/purple quilt on Thursday night, so I just quit sewing.  Friday morning (10/31) it was easy to see what I had done wrong…so more ripping commenced.  I was DETERMINED to have the whole thing together by the time I went to bed Friday night, and I think I would definitely have made it if I hadn’t continued to make stupid errors.  I have NEVER had so many problems on any quilt as I have had with the last (easy!) step of this one  :~(.

 I baked another set of Baklava Cups
 
 
(I first baked them on Tuesday to send to rehearsal for Michael and have some for the ladies who visited) just before leaving for the golf club for lunch with the ladies I met at the embroidery seminar. We had a wonderful lunch, then gave Pat a tour of SCCL, then headed back to my house for a ‘craft’ tour.  These ladies are awesome and I hope we become good friends over the coming months.

Cold weather is coming over the weekend, so I asked Michael to pick as many of the flowers as he could…and the bouquet he arranged is just spectacular


 
 
I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening sewing on the quilt, with a break for dinner (Michael made Polynesian pork chops with baked potatoes) and a nice long phone conversation with Mary Jo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.