Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Mexican chicken soup, chocolate pie/baklava cups, Elsie & Cookie a duex, cast party


Michael ran to the store for a few things for me early Sunday morning (11/23) and I had cinnamon rolls waiting for him when he got home.  While he was gone, I got Mexican Chicken Soup in the crockpot (people went CRAZY for it...we didn't have any left!)
 
and put together the 2 ruebenwiches.  Then I headed downstairs to start quilting the quilt.  Miss Scarlet hiccupped on row 4 and I couldn’t get her to recognize where she was in the pattern, so I just shut her down and headed upstairs again.  It was around 1:30 PM, so I made a chocolate pie and baklava cups....
 
 
2 loaves of corn bread , and got mulled cider in Paula’s borrowed crockpot, vacuumed the house and washed up all the dishes.  By then it was 4 PM and I was beat!  I sat down and read my book with my feet up for just a bit, then turned on the oven and put together a mushroom & spinach pizza and a pepperoni & onion pizza.  Others were waiting for the guests to arrive as well...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
People started arriving and raving over the food! 



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We had a wonderful time and I think everyone really liked the potholders as gifts.  Michael had wrapped all of them, and the people who have received cast gifts from us before were REALLY excited to see what the new one was.  Everyone left around 9 and both of us just collapsed and watched TV a bit before bed.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a wonderful party ! Great photos of the 'kids'... (MJ in CT)

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.