Sunday, November 23, 2014


Michael left for an early morning doctor’s appointment on Friday (11/21) and I was at my sewing machine by 8 AM.  Other than a brief stop for lunch, I sewed until 4 PM and got all of the blocks finished and sewn together and the first border on the quilt.  I gave myself a break and talked with my honey, had dinner, and read my book for a bit before heading back to the studio at 7:30 PM.  I sewed until 11 PM….VERY grateful that I got a second wind :~).  I got the second border on and the quilt top all ironed, ready to be loaded onto Miss Scarlet.  I got the blue/green/purple quilt off of Miss Scarlet and all trimmed before collapsing in my chair to read my book.  Ten minutes later the phone rang and Michael was on his way home (they went out for food/conversation after the show).  He was home before mid-night and we both collapsed into bed.

 **************************************

I was on the road by 8:30 AM Saturday morning (11/22) to hit WALMART to buy food for the cast party on Sunday.  I plan to make Mexican Chicken Soup, reubenwiches and 2 kinds of pizza, and maybe a few other things as time allows.  Then it was on to Joann’s to get flannel backing fabric for the quilt.  That went in the washer the minute I got home and I had a quick breakfast before heading back to the studio at 11:30.  Michael had a frost delay for golfing, so they did a shotgun start at 10:10 here at SCCL.  The flannel was washed and dried by 1:30 and I sewed a seam down the back and loaded it on Miss Scarlet.  The flannel shrunk so much that I was afraid to sew a very deep seam….so some of the selvage showed, but I decided that it was the softest flannel I found, and that was worth a little selvage.  PLUS, I had to trim an inch off of the outside border on all 4 sides of the quilt top.  I got everything loaded up, but couldn’t get started because my clamps wouldn’t hold :~(.  I have these very persnickety clamps, and if you leave on open for any length of time, it won’t work until you close it for several hours.  I left one of the clamps open when I took the blue/green/purple quilt off….so I contented myself with making binding while I was waiting.  I finally got the quilt layered and basted and all of the binding made before heading upstairs to clean up and go to pick up Jeannie.  I had a tour of her studio and she has made a TON of stuff for a craft fair in a couple of weeks!!  We went to dinner at SALSARITA’s and I ordered a water to drink.  Jeannie was a bit behind me and the counter gal asked if Jeannie would order a water as well.  I said ‘I have no idea, it’s our first date’…..her expression was priceless!  Anyway, after a good Mexican meal we headed into Charlotte for the Symphony de Soleil performance of the Charlotte Symphony Pops.  It was terrific…the music was so thrilling with the overtures of STAR WARS & SUPERMAN, along with a Beatles medley and Bethovan’s 5th to name just a few.  The acrobats were terrifying & incredible.  I was home by 11:30 and Michael and I sat and talked for just 1/2 an hour before falling into bed.  He said the next to the last performance went well…except for a few snafus….like the door wouldn’t open when it was supposed to…it kept locking itself!  Ahh….the thrill of live theatre!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.