Thursday, November 27, 2014

ascot, enjoying the fire

Michael took the car in for service on Tuesday morning (11/25) while I spent a pleasant morning in the studio with Nancy H.  She left just before NOON and I called Joanne to tell her I wanted to skip Stitch & Chat to go to Hobby Lobby instead, as (thanks to Nancy) I had discovered an urgent need for fabric :~).  She agreed that she too might want to pick up a few things, so off we went.  I found the PERFECT fabric to fill in for a project I am starting on Wednesday, and also found FABULOUS flannel for the embroidered baby quilt backing (whenever I finally get back to it!)  When we got home, I called Jan and we made a quick trip to the library.  It was cast party leftovers again for dinner, then Michael took off for the movies to see BIRDMAN, and although I had intentions of starting to sew….I instead got involved in my library book (the latest from Louise Penny) and I read until 10 when Michael got home.  He took a picture of my finished ascot…this will be a Christmas gift for my across the street neighbor Anne….courtesy of my friend Connie, who gave me the yarn!
 
******************
Wednesday (11/26) was a very relaxing day....the forecast said rain, so MIchael cancelled his golfing and we both spent time downstairs with Michael playing pool and me cutting strips and we both spent time reading in front of the fire....with company
 
I had my weekly SKYPE session with Janice, and as usual that was lots of fun...then we both spent time watching TV (with me knitting) in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.