Thursday, November 13, 2014

new charity quilt


Michael left before 8 AM on Wednesday (11/12) for golf here at SCCL.  He’s very tired from the play, but he said that this was supposed to be the last warm day….so he wanted to try to get at least 9 holes in.  I was embroidering hot pads and sewing blocks together by 8:30.  By 10:30 the blocks were all sewn into rows and it was up on the design wall again so that I could check for sewing mistakes….glory be!!! 
 
I sewed the rows correctly….a relief after the last quilt I put together!!  My embroidery machine was going the whole time I was sewing and by 11:30, all 15 tops for the pot holders were embroidered.  They still need to be trimmed, have the jump stitches cut and the stabilizer removed, but at least the embroidery was done.  By 12:30 all of the rows of the quilt were sewn together and I took a break for a couple of hours to eat lunch and read my book.  Nancy called shortly afterwards and I headed to her house for a visit.  We had a lovely time for a couple of hours and I actually got a few rows done on a sweater before heading home again just after 4.  I had time before dinner to sew a backing for the orange quilt, and at 6 PM, Michael left for the final dress rehearsal.  I had a TWO HOUR (!!!) SKYPE session with Janice….it was wonderful, then managed to get batting cut and basted and the quilt loaded onto Miss Scarlet
 
 
before Michael came home after 10.  He said they had an audience of about 15 people and the last rehearsal finally went very well.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.