Thursday, May 1, 2014

white trash

Michael went out to breakfast on Wednesday (4/30), while I stayed home to get a bunch of stuff done.  He picked me up at 10 and we headed to Joann’s to buy new cutting mats for the quilt group.  He made a quick stop at the golf store, and we also detoured to another sewing store to check out some merchandise.  When we got home (just after NOON) he decided to get in a quick 9 holes with Phil, while I headed back to the studio to continue with the big re-arrange.  I did spend a little time on a problem of my own making…and even more time on a problem with my embroideries!  I finally got the tables wiped down and got my embroidery machine set up.  In the course of the move, I ran across some brown felt that I bought 2 years ago for an embroidery project.  I decided I could polish it off while I was completing some other things on Wednesday.  So, I turned on my machine….nothing!  I climbed under the table and put the cord into a different slot….turn on….nothing again.  Back under the table to more the cord again….nothing.  I took the machine and cord off of the table and over to another plug….success!  So…was the zip strip not functioning?  I tried to think whether or not I had turned on my Pfaff after the move, and decided I never tried it….flipped the switch…nothing.  OK…by now I am sick and tired of climbing under the tables and back up to try machines that refuse to turn on….that must have made my brain wake up.  We were supposed to get a major storm Tuesday night, and even though we have now installed a whole house surge protector, I jumped out of bed to turn off Michael’s computer.  At the same time, I thought it wouldn’t hurt to pull the plug on the zip strip…..problem solved.  Then it was on to my embroidery…or so I thought….I could not call up the design in my embroidery software, even though I could see the design on my computer.  I went back to the email where I had ordered the design (from 2011…yes I kept it this entire time because I knew I had only stitched out one of the designs I ordered).  I downloaded it again and was FINALLY on my way.   I stitched until 5:30…we made a Papa Murphy’s pizza for dinner, then I had a wonderful hour long talk with Janice.  By then I needed to get my butt in gear for food for quilting, so I pulled off 2 runs of white trash…using up the last of my white chocolate. 

After that it was snuggling with my honey on the sofa and watching TV until bed.

1 comment:

  1. Speaking of white trash.... what kind of Chex do you buy ? I think there were 3 kinds when I tried to buy some - corn, rice, and something else... Your plug exercise sounded like it would make a good sitcom ! and you probably never did get the BIG storm after all !

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.