Wednesday, April 30, 2014

studio re-do


Another early morning for Michael on Monday (4/28); he was off to Stonebridge before 8 AM (coming home at 2:30 PM with an 86).  I have no idea what I did all morning, but I didn’t start sewing until 11 AM….and finally at 8 PM I sewed the last seam on the tumbling blocks….all of my rows are together!!!!

 **************************************
Tuesday morning was very busy….I did a double run of my new breakfast ‘muffins’….with the addition of sautéed onions and peppers and they were yummy!!!  I had also done overnight crockpot yoghurt for Michael, so I packaged up 7 containers for him, and threw the rest into a quart container.  Finally, just before 11 AM (AGAIN!!)  I got back to the wall hanging.

It is now so weird to look over at my design wall and see it empty!  I started cutting strips on January 18th for my first tumbling block….and as of NOON on Tuesday (3-1/2 months of my life!), I am finished sewing it.  I took it to Stitch and Chat and everyone loved it….although they didn’t get the full effect.  The sun was shining, so they thought it looked like stained glass, but they couldn’t really see the lame I used, or that 3-D effect….I’ll just have to have a tea after it is framed so that people can really see what it looks like.  I’ve already called Larry and given him the dimensions for the frame….it usually takes him a week or 2 to put one together….so hopefully by mid-May, it will be hanging in the kitchen.  I spent the rest of the day and night cleaning the studio (always a must after a large quilting project, and starting to re-arrange it). 

 Before cleaning (notice how my tables are perpendicular to each other...you'll see the new arrangement tomorrow)



 

 

 

 
 
and after....
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Michael and I have talked about shifting some things around and we got a good start on it Tuesday night.  I collapsed around 10 and after watching a bit of TV, hit the bed at 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.