Monday, May 19, 2014


Jan picked me up at 7:30 AM Sunday morning (5/18) and we headed off to Weight Watchers….no, I haven’t joined, but I know Karen and Kay (the leader and weigh in person) from long ago and they have been begging Jan to get me to come and show them my entrelac sweater and the tumbling blocks wall hanging (good news on that front….my frame has been delivered…Michael and I have to work on getting it done and up on the wall before Peggy & Larry (frame guy) come to dinner next Friday!  Although blog folks will have to wait to see it until after my unveiling tea J)  It was 53 degrees this am, so I actually got to wear my sweater instead of just carrying it.  They loved seeing both pieces and we got to hear a bit about Karen’s new quilting project as well.  Jan and I stayed for the meeting, then stopped at BRIGG’S to split a breakfast before heading home.  I read the paper, but by the time I was done it was time to hit the Lake House for the performing arts production of GUYS & DOLLS….this was a mammoth undertaking and I’m sure I would have enjoyed it more if I actually liked the play!  Anyway, we were home by 4:30 and I got to sew until 8:30…..working on putting together a new charity quilt (you know…the one with the 560-3 inch squares) that Michael laid out.  I think it looks very cheerful (Michael called it frenetic!) and can’t wait to see it finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.