Monday, May 5, 2014


I forgot to tell you the most exciting thing that happened Friday night.  BG called me…and her daughter Jennifer is driving down to North Carolina for a few days in July, AND I’M GOING TO GO AND PICK UP BG AND BRING HER HOME!!!  WE WILL GET TO SPEND 3 DAYS TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I can’t wait…it’s only 11 weeks away!!!!!!!

Michael left around 8:30 AM for golf here at SCCL on Saturday  (5/3), coming home around 2:30 PM with an 88 and I cleaned up the kitchen a bit before heading to my studio.  I putzed around there all day and had a great time.  I was cleaning out one of my storage drawers.  I have a list on my wall, and when I get to the end of a piece of fabric, the list tells me what size strips or blocks to cut for my current charity quilts.  I have 3 drawers dedicated, each to a different charity quilt.  The top drawer was kind of a mishmash of stuff, so I got that mostly cleaned out and I mostly sewed together all of the 3 inch squares in that drawer….so now the top drawer can be dedicated to a 4th pattern for charity quilting.  We had leftovers for dinner and watched TV in the evening.  I got many rows of the baby sweater torn out and got most of them put back in correctly before bed.

 ********************************************

Sunday morning (5/4) we had overnight Belgium waffles for breakfast, along with bacon and potatoes.  Jan stopped by for a waffle and got to see my newly re-arranged studio.  I finally got back to sewing around 11:30, while Michael cleaned up the kitchen and got the front garden watered.  I continued to work on a new charity top…I need 560 3 inch squares for the size I want, and by the time I went upstairs to watch TV with Michael, I had over 1/2 of them.  Actually, I finished up sewing because I got a phone call from Mary Jo….we talked for over an hour and it was WONDERFUL!  It seems like we could be together a long time and never run out of things to talk about, although I fear I did most of the talking last night L.  Anyway, it was great to hear from her, and after our conversation I was so energized that I knit the rest of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.