Tuesday, May 27, 2014

BG & Loree's number 3 tumbling blocks


Let’s start off with some other tumbling blocks:
Bg's number 3 blocks

Loree's number 3 blocks
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
**************************************
One of Michael’s golfing buddies invited him to play together this week.  The guy’s 2 sons are in visiting, so Michael took off for Stonebridge early Sunday (5/25) morning.  He managed to eke out an 85, even with 2 - 7’s.  I read for a good bit of the morning and finally got showered and dressed and picked up Jan at 1 PM for the wake of a friend.  Anne was someone from Thursday quilting…and her hand stitches exist in the binding of the wedding quilt I made for Marc & Kate.  She was a fabulous quilter….did a lot of hand work and hand appliqué, and was an all around nice person as well.  She will be a great loss to the Thursday quilters.  After I got home, Michael came home and Phil came over with his bag of tools to loosen a nut that we were stripping because it was on so tight.  Just after he left, I turned on the machine and Voila….it had corrected itself and looked good!!!!  I finished pinning my backing to my leaders and started to work on sewing my odd pieces of batting together.  Have I talked about my ‘training program’ for the long arm?  If I already did…you can skip the next part.  My friend Donna gave me 2 lengths of upholstery fabric (probably each 3 yards long) and I am going to quilt those lengths together with batting in between…then cut it up into dog beds and serge the edges (our local shelter uses them so that the animals don’t have to lie directly on the cement floors).  Then I have 9 charity quilt tops to do (some backed with polar fleece) then finally 4 single bed sized quilts…2 for the front bedroom, and 2 that I recently completed to hang over the new chairs in the living room.  By then I hope to feel confident in my abilities and may do some quilts for others.  BG is already bringing me 3 quilts when she comes down in July J.  Michael got the movie POMPEII from Red Box as he thought we would both enjoy it.  I was interested in Pompeii, but before the volcano erupted, the movie was so violent and bloody that I didn’t watch much of it and even left the room a couple of times.  But during the rest of the scenes…I did get a new baby sweater cast on and started.

*********************************** 

MEMORIAL DAY!!  The weather was bright and sunny and Paula asked a bunch of neighbors/friends to her driveway for a party to watch the golf cart parade.  I made some white chocolate/raspberry scones and mixed up a new batch of Devo Delights and we headed down around 9:20.  There were a lot of people there and I had a great time.  Michael left around 10:30 to run errands, but I stayed and talked and didn’t get home until just after NOON.  I got the chicken off of the back porch (leftover rotisserie chicken from Anne/Bryce) and got the stock chilled and the carcass picked.  I will make a crockpot of chicken soup for Bryce on Tuesday (Anne is in rehab for the next 1 – 2 weeks after having a hip replacement).  By then Michael was home and we talked for a long time and I finally got down to the studio around 3 to get some work done.  I got a bunch of leftover batting sewn together, and started to cut my strips for tumbling blocks #4.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.