Saturday, May 24, 2014

tumbling blocks #2 for the three amigos, Larry & Peggy


I finished my library book Friday morning (5/23)…it takes a long time to get through a book reading it only 20 minutes a day on my stationary bike (I have another, very light read upstairs to fill in)…it was THE LAST LETTER FROM YOUR LOvER by Jojo Moyes…the same author who wrote ME BEFORE YOU (which you HAVE to READ!!!!  Get it from your local library…don’t read the blurb ahead of time…don’t listen to anyone talk about it…just read it…it was FABULOUS!)  The ‘last letter’ was a wonderful read….she puts in these perfectly reasonable twists that you never see coming.  While I was biking, Michael was upstairs making potatoes and carrot mash for our dinner.  Peggy & Larry (the man who built the frame for my tumbling blocks) are coming for dinner and Michael wants to go to a golfing tournament all day.  So he made the P&C in the morning and we popped it into a crockpot for later reheating.  He left for the tournament around 9:30 and I headed downstairs to sew.  I decided I don’t have to start cleaning and making the rest of dinner ‘til around 2 PM…so I had fun in the morning J….have I said lately that I LOVE being retired?  Here’s what I have to show for my sewing:
my second block
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Loree's second block
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

BG's second block
 At 2 I went upstairs to start cleaning and after that it was time to make the meatloaf, salad, asparagus and rolls for dinner (and make sure the P&C mash was hot).  Larry & Peggy:
 
came at 6 PM and Peggy loved the wall hanging.  We had a wonderful long discussion about all sorts of things during dinner and playing SCREWED afterwards, and they left about 9 PM.  Michael watched TV until 10 and headed for bed…I stayed up reading until 11, then headed there myself.  Michael got me up at 2:30 AM for what was supposed to be a great meteor shower.  This was coming from around the north star, so we lay on our lounge chairs on the deck for 1/2 an hour…and only saw 2 meteors.  The peak was supposed to be at 3 AM…but the clouds were moving in and obscuring anything we might see, so we headed back to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.