Saturday, May 10, 2014

long arm machine, flowers from Al, rosebush


Friday (5/9) was a fabulous FREE day!  What I mean by that is….all day long on Thursday, I thought the following day was Saturday…when I realized Thursday night that it was Friday…and that I had nothing scheduled…I was in heaven!  Michael and I breakfasted together out on the deck then it was back to the basement to work on the long arm (for Michael) and the newest charity top (for me).  Here’s the latest on the long arm:

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
For all of the sewers out there(that’s people who sew….not pipes that take waste away!), I hope you can read the yardstick….and compare it to your regular machine.  I remember how shocked I was when I first saw Nancy H’s long arm….it looked HUGE!!!  This machine is 27 inches wide and 18 inches tall….it looks GINORMOUS!!  Anyway, it’s finally up on the platform and after an hour of adjusting the wheels on 3 different sets of rollers, it finally floats effortlessly back and forth and to and fro  J.  At one point in the afternoon our doorbell rang and I went up to find that someone had sent us flowers!



I couldn’t  imagine who would have sent them….but they were from Al (my financial planner) celebrating the 20 years he has been managing my money (and making me more).  What a lovely gesture….they are beautiful.  Speaking of flowers, our rose bush out front has exploded




I’m going to cut some for the house today.  We went out for an early dinner (4:45) at Olive Garden and it was scrumptious….we haven’t been there in years and Michael got eggplant parmesan, while I had this multi-cheese red sauce over penne.  The best was the appetizer….lasagna noodles stuffed with cheese, then breaded and fried and served with an alfredo sauce….it was truly a miracle that my scale still managed to drop 2/10 of a pound on Saturday morning J.  I sewed for several more hours in the evening, then watched a bit of TV (and knit on my baby sweater....I'm getting close to finishing the body part) with my honey before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.