Saturday, May 3, 2014

roses, Elsie & Cookie

May 1st!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Where is this year going?????  I packed up my stuff for quilting and took off just after 9 AM.  I got home close to 2 and tried to lie down for a nap…I felt really tired, but just couldn’t fall asleep, so finally I just got up and continued to work on my studio.  At 4 PM I headed to the grocery store just to pick up some frozen veggies and I took those and a pasta casserole (I had made weeks earlier) over to someone who needs meals for a bit.  Michael and I both had ham leftovers for dinner and just had a lazy TV watching (and doing nothing else) evening before bed.

************************

I had the leftover ham & bone cooking in the crockpot out on the deck all night…so when I got up Friday morning, I got all of the bones into the garbage before they came to pick it up.  It was overcast and very cool in the morning, so I took that opportunity to throw together one last crock of soup (ham/bean/barley) for this year (until fall that is).  With the weather generally getting warmer, our roses have started to bloom:
 
Sally came by and Michael did a lot of maintenance on her golf cart (it has been sitting unused for about a year and the batteries were totally DRY L).  Her tires were also very low.  After he fixed everything, he took it for a spin and ran into the golf cart people fixing someone else’s cart.  He asked about the batteries and they said that as long as Michael got them filled and that the cart was now running, it should be fine.  Sally went out the door as Jan was coming in to pick me up for a shopping expedition.  We bought what we expected (more on that in the coming weeks) and split a small peach milkshake from Chick-fil-a on the way home….YUM!!!  By then it was 2:30 and I put together roll dough and headed back to the studio to do a little work.  Jan & Walt came at 5:30 to pick up soup and rolls to go, while Anne & Bryce came over for a quick dinner.  The soup turned out YUMMY!!!!  Sometimes it seems just so-so, but everyone agreed it was great.  I gave them a quart to take home (along with 2-1/2 rolls) and I have one serving left for my lunch!  After that, Michael and I were downstairs (we had a little company):
I'm so tired....I could just fall over...
 working and watching MOONRISE KINGDON, we had seen it awhile ago, but I wanted to see it again and the library had it….then we eventually wandered upstairs to find that I have screwed up my knitting yet AGAIN  L.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.