Thursday, May 22, 2014

Cookie, new tumbling blocks, gorgeous glads...


Although Michael hopped up at o’dark hundred (5:30AM!!!) on Wednesday (5/21) for golfing, some ‘people’ were more reluctant to get up at all:

 
 
I took my bike to accomplish all of my errands in the morning…to Sue’s to drop off a disk of pictures from the shower, to the bank, the grocery store and finally the famer’s market.  I got home around 11 and read my book for a bit and just was lazy.  I knew I had to call Janice to let her know that I wouldn’t be home Wednesday night for our weekly visit…and managed to catch her at home on an unexpected vacation day….so we talked for a long time until we finally decided that both of us needed to be productive!  I headed downstairs and sewed for the rest of the afternoon…creating this:
 
Have I told you that BG, Loree and I are all doing the same tumbling blocks…and that we are sewing them at the same time?  It is lots of fun, and at the end I hope to post pictures of all 3 of them.  Michael came home VERY happy from Old Sycamore with an 84….he had 9 pars and NO sevens!  We got cleaned up, cut some beautiful gladiolas (as a hostess gift) from our garden,
 
picked up Gale & Phil and headed to Ralph’s for cocktails, followed by dinner at OGGI (a local Italian restaurant).  The restaurant was VERY warm…and our waiter was just okay…but the food was wonderful.  I did something I’ve never done before.  Michael was visiting the restroom when they handed out the menus, and I saw something that I thought would be perfect for him….so when he came back, I asked if I could order for him.  He said yes….and was surprised and pleased when he got parmesan shrimp with spinach and sweet potato puree.  I had flounder with lobster sauce…it was good, but I didn’t realize the flounder was going to be breaded and fried…I think I would have liked it sans breading better.  Anyway, the conversation was great…we were there for over 2 hours….and we read for a bit when we got home before heading to bed at 11.

1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.