Friday, May 9, 2014

I've been keeping a secret..........long arm!!!!!!!


I do NOT know what happened to Wednesday the 7th, but it did not go AT ALL as I had hoped!  Usually Wednesdays are my ‘sew all day, no one disturbs me’ days.  Well, Michael left for golf at SCCL as usual, and the phone started ringing at 8:30 and never stopped.  Finally at 10:30 I left for a meeting and was gone 3-1/2 hours.  When I got home, I was just exhausted, and sat out on the back porch with my honey for a bit.  I had several chores to get done around the house, and finally got to sit down to sew at 7 PM.  Luckily I got a second wind, and I got a lot done before going upstairs after 9 to watch TV with my honey.
*******************************************
Thursday morning (5/8) I was VERY late to quilting since I stayed home to take delivery of my new, long-arm quilting machine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 


there were still 2 more LARGE boxes to come when I snapped this pic
YES...this is why I was re-arranging my sewing room, and this is what was happening with all of my trips to a sewing machine store.  Yesterday's meeting was a 3-1/2 hour training session.

While I was at quilting, Michael and Phil began to put it together:
 







 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


this tray is where the sewing machine rests to go back and forth

 
And while my honey was keeping all of this going, he also baked the sandwich bread I put together in the morning!!


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Michael & Phil had a little bit of a bumpy start in putting it together, but then started to really hum…they worked for over 3 hours…the frame is all put together, and the rails are together, but the rails have not been attached to the frame as yet.  They finally quit after 4 PM and my honey collapsed while I picked up Jan in the golf cart and we did errands at the library and at CVS before heading back home.  Michael and I had leftovers for dinner, and I got started sewing around 6:30 PM.  I sewed until 9 and then it was TV and bed at 11.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh, the one photo looks like it's as long as a bowling alley !!! Congrats and good job to M and Phil. Can't wait to hear your adventures and see what little Deb'ism you're going to come up with ! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.