Saturday, May 17, 2014

cookies, lasagna, enchiladas, Ana Marie & Jim

My honey made me a fabulous onion and cheese omelet on Thursday morning (5/15) so that I could get the ‘shower’ cookies baked before heading to quilting at 9:15:


Reg (Loree’s hubby) came over to help Michael with the long arm….since it was raining cats and dogs so golf was cancelled for Michael and garden work was cancelled for Reg.  I got a bit of sewing done on 2 charity quilts before getting home around 1:30.  The first thing I did was frost the cookies:
yes....they're now resting in the oven to keep them out of the way
while the icing hardens up

Then I read my book and relaxed for a bit before hitting the kitchen again.  I made a pan of lasagna for Friday night’s dinner:



then made a large pan of enchiladas for Jan & company, and 2 small pans for the freezer:



I was kind of beat after that and just had a quick dinner and snuggled with my honey in front of the boob tube the rest of the night.

*********************** 

Friday morning (5/16) my honey and I left early for Joann’s (pink spray needed for the new cookies) then we headed to  Kohl’s for some new casual clothes.  We got home around 2 and Michael sprayed the cookies:
 
while I made a salad and roll dough.  Anna Marie & Jim arrived at 6:30:
 
and we had a wonderful evening!  Remember, Jim knew Michael back in high school and they haven’t seen each other in 40 years…so their talk was all about school and the people they knew and what has happened since.  Anna Marie and I had great fun talking about all sorts of things….it was really a nice evening.  They left after 9 and we cleaned up just a bit before bed.

1 comment:

  1. Cookies look FABULOUS !!! Wish I was there for a taste test !

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.