Sunday, May 25, 2014

tumbling block#3, long arm leaders, woven scarves


Saturday morning (5/24) Michael left for golf here at SCCL.  When he came home, it was with an 85 which included 9-1 putts and a chip in!  I rode my bike to the bank and the library before settling in to sew.  I sewed all day and managed to finish my 3rd tumbling block:
 
 
as well as the leaders for my quilting machine (that's the green patterned fabric you see):
 
I decided I had been procrastinating just a bit with my long arm, because I was afraid of it.  I got the leaders done and attached, as well as attaching all of the other poles, and collecting all of the leftover supplies and all training materials into one place…and fired that puppy up!!  To say that I was disappointed when my display screen didn’t function (which is what you need to make the thing start and stop sewing), would be a GROSS understatement of how I felt  L.  By then it was 5:55 PM and no one was answering at the store.  And of course, they are closed on Sunday and Monday.  The 2 days I thought I would have to quilt just went up in smoke.  Of course as always, food came to the rescue and I was totally cheered up by the cold meatloaf sandwich I had for dinner (heaven!!!)  I spent the rest of the evening watching TV with my honey and un-knotting the fringe on my recently woven and blocked scarves:
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.