Tuesday, May 6, 2014


I think my once-a-month-ladies-knitting (inviting 10 people) has run its course …I hopped up Monday morning (5/5) all excited and got a Spanish Coffee Cake in the oven baking, while I rode my stationary bike (Michael had already left for golfing at Emerald Lakes, coming home around 3:30 with an 85).  I got everything cleaned up and was reading the paper at 9:30 when ONE person showed up L.  Jan and I had some coffee cake and headed downstairs around 10 (3 people HAVE RSVP'ed that they weren't going to make it...don't know what happened to the others).  I figured as long as there were only 2 of us, I could sew while she knit.  One other person finally showed up 45 minutes late…luckily Jan and I hadn’t decided to go to Michael’s!  The best news was that while I was talking to Jan, I figured out I had counted the number of 3 inch squares incorrectly….too LOW J.  Between that, and the ones I got done Monday morning….I only need 90 more…YAHOO!!!

Monday night I did something I don’t think I’ve ever done before….I played bocce.  Michael signed us up for the Monday night summer league, it lasts for 7 weeks and it was a lot of fun.  We got to meet a lot of people we haven’t met before, and I agreed to be score keeper, while Michael agreed to be league leader.  We got home just after 9 and settled in with some ice cream (for Michael) and TV watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.