Friday, May 31, 2013

SHQ stuff, princess pillowcases, charity quilt

Michael left at 8 for golf on Thursday (5/30), coming home eventually with a much more acceptable 83, and Jan picked me up just after 9 for quilting.  Here’s the pile of stuff I was taking:

 
(less than the last picture of quilting….but that one was a food day!  And of course….someone had to be checking it out!)

Jan and I got 8 pillow cases done for the Children’s Attention Home (that I think some little girls will really enjoy the beautiful princess fabric): 
 

I got home around 2:30 and Michael and I read in the afternoon and finally around 4:30 I got to the studio to continue working on the charity quilt.  By 9 PM I was finally done….the quilting is horrible and the binding certainly won’t win any prizes (I cut it too skinny and turning the corners was a nightmare), but I think some child will really like it…I put polar fleece on the back, and I am psyched to continue through my other tops and do each one a bit better:
 

 After that it was a little bit of knitting and then off to bed.

2 comments:

  1. That quilt looks so CHEERFUL!! And Cookie looks like she is expecting to go to quilting with you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah! I'm really enjoying the template/theme of this website.
    It's simple, yet effective. A lot of times it's tough to
    get that "perfect balance" between user friendliness and appearance.
    I must say that you've done a very good job with this.
    In addition, the blog loads very fast for me on Chrome. Excellent Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.