Saturday, June 1, 2013

Elsie & Cookie, Jan's embroideries

I spent abouth an hour early Friday morning (5/31) pulling together the letters that I try to send to Dorothy 2-3 times a week and by then it was time to have a quick breakfast with my honey.  He left after that for the grocery store and CVS while I headed to the studio.  I embroidered more flowers for Jan, while hand stitching (yuck!) fabric to the inside of one of Michael’s golf club covers that was wearing out. 

Michael went upstairs to take a shower before lunch, and when he got out, this was waiting for him:

 
After the golf club cover, I worked again on trying to get my scraps under control….another day or 2 and I’ll have a picture!  The embroideries were done by 3 PM (I now have 5 done, only 3 to go, sorry I didn't take a picture of the first 2):

 


and I headed upstairs to make Mediterranean Orzo Salad, marinate the chicken and get dough started for rolls.  Susan and Joe and Anne and Bryce arrived at 6 and Michael grilled the chicken and I got the rolls done for our meal.  Everyone commented on how good everything was and we played DIRTY MINDS after dinner.  This is a game that Inez told us about, and bought us as a thank you gift…..and we finally got a chance to play it.  It was lots of fun, so we talked and played until 9.  Michael and I read for a bit after everyone left.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.